Welcome to the new CIP website! Take a look and see how we can help you.
Our criteria for vetting in-home care agencies in the UP
At the CIP, we are very particular about the agencies we feel good recommending—because we know how important it is to work with a care provider that is compassionate, professional, and ethical.
All of the agencies listed on our vetted agencies page must meet the following criteria, having the business model and capacity to:
- Prevent no-shows
- Eliminate the late arrivals and early departures of caregivers, ensure caregiver breaks that take place outside the home are not excessively long
- Have an emergency contact available 24/7/365 that has the authority to solve caregiver and care receiver issues in an expeditious manner
- Offer robust mentoring programs for new caregivers
- Provide caregivers client history prior to the first visit to ensure safety and preparedness
- Provide a regular, predictable pay schedule (e.g. every other Friday)
- Match the skills of the caregiver to the needs of the cared for
- Maintain a welcoming, respectful and rewarding working relationship with all employees
- Ensure transparency of wages and career path to include pay raises for employees